Authors submitting abstracts, extended abstracts and papers for the Symposium on Lift and Escalator Technologies are deemed to have agreed to the following terms:
Between: The Editor(s) for the Symposium on Lift and Escalator Technologies on behalf of the CIBSE Lift Group and the University of Northampton, and the Author(s). Where the "Work" includes any abstract, extended abstract or paper submitted to The Editor(s)
1. In consideration of Editor(s) agreeing to publish the Work the Author(s) grant(s) to Editor(s) and its licencees for the full term of copyright in the Work including any renewals or extensions thereto, subject to clause 2 below, the exclusive licence:
- To publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Work in all forms, formats and media whether now known or hereafter developed (including without limitation in print, digital and electronic form) throughout the world.
- To translate the Work into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Work or other derivative works based on the Work and exercise all of the rights set forth in (a) above in such translations, adaptations, summaries, extracts and derivative works, without prior consultation with the Author(s).
- To license others to do any or all of the above.
2. Ownership of copyright remains with the Author(s) and the Author(s) retain(s) the following non-exclusive rights:
- To reproduce the Work in whole or in part in any printed volume (book or thesis) of which they are the Author(s).
- To reuse figures or tables created by the Author(s) and contained in the Work in other works created by the Author(s)
The Author(s) warrant(s) and represent(s) that:
- The Author(s) is/are the sole author(s) of and sole owner(s) of the copyright in the Work.
- If the Work includes materials of others:
- The Author(s) has/have obtained the permission of the owners of the copyright in all such materials to enable the Author(s) to grant the rights contained herein, or
- If the Author(s) has/have not obtained the permission of the owners of the copyright in such materials, the Author(s) has/have notified Editor(s) of this fact in writing so that Editor(s) can obtain the required permissions.
- All of the facts contained in the Work are true and accurate.
- Nothing in the Work is obscene, defamatory, libellous, or violates any right of privacy or infringes any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark) or any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful.
4. The Author(s) authorise(s) Editor(s) to take such steps as it considers necessary at its own expense in the Author(s)’s name and on the Author(s) behalf if it believes that a third party is infringing or is likely to infringe copyright in the Work.
5. The Author(s) hereby consent(s) to the inclusion of electronic links from the Work to third-party material wherever it may be located.