2021 - 12th Symposium on Lift and Escalator Technologies, Northampton
The 12th Symposium of Lift and Escalator Technologies, September 2021 was organised by the Lift Engineering Section of Northampton University, the CIBSE Lifts Group and LEIA.
The proceedings can be downloaded here.
The document includes the following papers:
- The Two Modes of Failure of Escalator Braking Systems Lutfi Al-Sharif, The University of Jordan, Jordan VIDEO
- Uplifting the Safety of Aged Lifts in Hong Kong Vincent H.K. Chow, C.W. Chan, Gary K.Y. Cheung, James C.Y. Lau, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department Government of the HKSAR, The People’s Republic of China VIDEO
- Brake Failures on Lifts David Cooper, LECS (UK) Ltd, University of Northampton, UK VIDEO
- A Brief History of Lift Safety Devices 1835-1935, Lee E. Gray, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA VIDEO
- Challenging Our Thinking Regarding Lift Incidents Roger Kahler, Nicholas Pierce, InterSafe, Australia VIDEO
- Future Modernizations Rory Smith, University of Northampton, UK VIDEO